THE FANTASTIC WORLDS OF MALCOLM JAMESON
BY MALCOLM JAMESON
Thrilling stories of fantasy and science fiction by Malcolm Jameson, author of "Bullard of the Space Patrol". Includes:
• Blind Alley - He was rich and old, and he longed for the good old days, and the good old ways of his youth. So he made a bargain by which he got back to those days, and those ways, and— (This novella was the basis for the Twilight Zone episode "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville")
• Fighters Never Quit - The dead can’t die—so far as we know, but there may well be yet other realms, and battles to be fought. And if the invisible dead can see the living—
• The Giftie Gien - How do others see you—what queer distortions would a bootblack, to whom a man is a pair of dusty shoes, or a barber, to whom he is a head, mostly bald, with a fringe that needs cutting, see of a man—
• Chariots of San Fernando - Indian legend swore we were headed for a hell peopled with unspeakable devils.
• Vengeance In Her Bones - Just let the wheel go . . . for you're aboard a rogue ship that knows where she wants to steer! Certainly no one else does!
• Heaven Is What You Make It - She was a very determined woman. She was determined to fight in battle and did, and died. And thereafter—she was determined to make the heaven she was misdirected to suit her—
• The Old Ones Hear - The Old Ones may hear—and act, too—in somewhat different manner, in ways we do not expect. And in ways that military tactics do not take into account—
• Not According to Dante - Hell wasn't what it used to be—but he found, waiting for him, a very special, private hell all his own—
• Train for Flushing - What if the Flying Dutchman were in command of a subway train instead of a ship?
• The Goddess’ Legacy - There was one thing in Greece the Gestapo could not conquer—one legacy of ancient days that took them, one by one—
• Doubled and Redoubled - He was in a rut, doing the same things every day — because every day was one day!
• Catalyst Poison - It was a wonderful idea, the thought solidifier—until the idea went whacky!
• Transients Only - An expert ghost-manager ought to be able to do a lot for a Washington boardinghouse caught between OPA ceilings and a triple-decker mortgage, at that!
• Children of the Betsy B - The author tells of a little steam launch—that grew up and ran away to sea!